Faculty in Business Analytics (Assistant/Associate)
We are seeking strong Assistant Professor or/and Associate Professors in Business Analytics with emphasis on Artificial Intelligence & Big Data Management or its related fields. Candidate/s should have consistent research publication in peer-reviewed, indexed journals. Preferably, with industrial experience and have taught within the GCC regions, if not specifically in United Arab Emirates As per “ADSM Professional Requirements for Teaching Policy” a faculty member teaches courses in academic programs based on his or her area of expertise. Other responsibilities include scholarly research, advising students, and engaging in service for the School. Faculty are committed to quality teaching in a learning-focused environment, active in research and publishing, and professionally engaged.
• Teach the assigned number of Credit Hours, according to the Standard Workload of 24 Credit Hours per academic year for teaching at the Bachelor Level. Faculty teaching only at Master level receive a 6-credit hour reduction in the teaching load for a total of 18 Credit Hours per academic year. The reduction in credit hours is to allow the faculty member to dedicate more time for research.
• LMS (Learning Management System): Load all LMS elements prior to all courses offered by him/her within a delay prescribed by the program director.
• Grading: Submit completed Grade Book to the Program Director within two weeks of the final assessment due date for the courses, or as indicated in the course appointment letters.
• Course File: Provide all Course File elements within one month of a course completion date.
• Evaluation: Achieve an average student evaluation score of 4.0 on all the courses (on a scale of 1-5).
• Publications: For Assistant Professors, publish at least 1 article yearly in scientific, peer-reviewed quality journals that are SCOPUS indexed. Requirements increase for Associate and Full Professors depending on yearly workload agreements. Faculty should refer to the promotion policy for more details on requirements.
• Highly research active faculty may apply for additional reduction of the teaching load and the decision will be taken on case-by-case with the Academic Dean and approved by the President.
• Conferences: Faculty are expected to attend and present at scientific conference at least once per year.
• Partnership: Engages in and generates regional and international collaboration.
• Committees: Actively participate in designated Academic committees.
• Student Advice: Meet with students who are assigned to the faculty as they need and request.
• Academic Advice: Periodically meet with students who are assigned as they need and request.
• Community Engagement: Participate in Community Engagement events.
• Program and Curriculum Development: Engage in development as needed.
• Participate in administrative functions and meeting, including Graduations.
- PhD - Terminal degree in Computer Science or IT related with Data Science or/and Artificial Intelligence specialization
- Research active with publications in peer-reviewed indexed journals
- Preferably, several years experience in industrial
- Preferably, with experience teaching within the region